BJSS’s Development team, sits within our Technology Practice. At BJSS we’re passionate technologists that strive to deliver the very best solutions for our clients. As a member of the Technology team, you will need to share this passion and be inspired by Technology. Our consultants typically create complex solutions in demanding and sometimes difficult environments, they create the tools and/or build solutions that have never been built before. As part of a consultancy business, you will get exposure to various clients across multiple sectors across the UK (and beyond…).
You will have access to leading technologies and you will get to work with some great people who consistently deliver top quality solutions.
We’re currently looking for creative and talented people who have full stack .Net experience to join our diverse team of technical Software Engineers. Most of our assignments enable you to work directly with our clients. This could be on client site or out of a BJSS office.
We undertake a wide variety of work and although no two engagements are the same, a BJSS Development engagement will typically:
- Working within a team on the end-to-end delivery of software projects for our clients, our developers use industry best-practice techniques to design, implement and then deliver solutions.
- Projects may be delivered using our BJSS Enterprise Agile approach, or the clients preferred method, and may be a pure BJSS team or an integrated BJSS/client team.
- Clients turn to us for development-based consultancy services such as the design and development of their IT systems, reviewing their existing technology stack and providing strategic input for future extensions to their IT systems. These are both advisory and in project delivery capacity at client sites.
- Engagements may be delivered from our own offices in the City or at one of our client office locations – an element of travel is part of the job.
BJSS offer a great working environment with generous benefits:
What we offer
- Flexible working hours
- Help with professional and industry certification
- Regular get togethers, special interest and sporting groups
- Fully stocked kitchens with free treats, food and drink
- Drinks/ Cakes Trolley in each office
- Competitive salary and rewards structure
- Secondment opportunities between the UK and USA
- Commuter benefits programme (interest free travel loan)
- Lunch and Learns, Tech Talks, and Coding Challenges
- A weekend away every summer for employees plus family/partner
- Healthcare and income protection
We’re not just looking for a Full- Stack Software Engineer. We’re looking for a multi-faceted technologist who has strong experience of developing complex applications within a .NET/ C# environment, and has coding and development skills within other scripting languages too.
- 2 to 10 years of development and delivery experience with the .Net/ C# full stack
- Hands-on experience in analysis, design, coding, and implementation of complex, custom-built applications
- Great OO skills, including strong design patterns knowledge
- Familiarity with a few databases, like Oracle, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, MySQL, NoSQL and/or similar databases
- Knowledge of software best practices, like Test-Driven Development (TDD) and Continuous Integration (CI)
- Strong communication and client-facing skills with the ability to work in a consulting environment is essential
- Desire to contribute to the wider technical community through collaboration, coaching, and mentoring of other technologists
- Development of highly concurrent systems (multithreaded and/or distributed)
Experience or exposure to any of the following would be seen as beneficial:
- Experience of app containers such as Jetty, Tomcat, JBoss, Weblogic, Websphere
- Exposure to NoSQL technologies such as MongoDB, Redis, Riak, Couchbase, Cassandra
- Exposure to Big Data technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, Solr, Lucene, Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana