About us and your role:
We are on a mission to track every interesting startup and high-growth company in the UK. We help advisors, investors, government and educators learn about the UK’s most ambitious companies through our platform, a Backbone-based app built on top of Django. We’re a startup ourselves and have great plans for expanding the functionality of our product…
… but we can’t do all of it without you: a skilled front-end engineer ready to helm our transition towards the latest and greatest web technologies. You’ll be passionate about best practices and will have the drive to take charge of all aspects of our front-end stack and processes – from coding style to deployment and production. There’ll also be plenty of opportunities to get involved in shaping the look and feel of our product.
Don’t worry if this seems a bit daunting: during your time at Beauhurst you’ll be supported by a committed crew of full-stack developers, and you’ll have the chance to lay the foundation of a dedicated front-end team.
- Familiarity with modern web development best practices including modules, build scripts, task runners, etc.
- Up-to-date knowledge of HTML5, CSS3 and browser support standards
- Knowledge of CSS preprocessing (we use SCSS)
- Knowledge of version control (we use Mercurial)
Bonus points if you have one or more of these:
- Design skills
- Working knowledge of Photoshop
- Underscore.js or another functional library
- Python or Django
What it’s like to work with us:
- Friendly, relaxed and collaborative startup culture including an expanding development team with a flat structure
- Monthly skill-sharing meetings and sponsorship to attend relevant conferences
- Competitive salary (of course!)
- Access to a well-stocked and ever growing programming book collection
- Our newly renovated Brixton office is stocked with coffee, tea, beer, soft drinks, fresh fruit and snacks
- Regular evenings out (we’re a very sociable bunch!)