As a Test Engineer at Beamly you are responsible for championing quality at all stages of the product development process using engineering skills and test tooling.
You will have a broad understanding of the entire Beamly product set and will generally be responsible for automated testing within product teams.
You are technically minded, with an eye for detail and passionate about continuously delivering Quality software.
Our tech stack includes:
- Cucumber using Ruby and the Page Object gem
- Microservices written in Scala/Play and Node.js running in Ubuntu on EC2
- Watir Webdriver
- Thoughtworks GoCD
- Lots of AWS services
- Engage in team discussions on product features, technical design sessions, planning and retrospectives
- Collaborate with their Product/Development Team(s)
- Build consensus within the team on the level of detail required in acceptance criteria
- Be forthcoming in providing user experience feedback, while acknowledging the distinction between bugs, defects and suggestions for improvement
- Promotes and writes DRY code e.g. Page Object Pattern.
- Able to use tooling to aid exploratory testing
- Experience with Watir/Webdriver and Cucumber
- Be able to plan, design, prioritise and execute automated tests
- Great at communications, both written and oral
- Comfortable writing Gherkin style Acceptance Tests
- Appreciates challenges of Testing Responsive Websites
- Have demonstrated experience in a rapid (agile) development environment
- Passionate about Quality Software
- Proficient in Ruby and understanding the Ruby eco-system
- Proficient in Git source control management
It’s a plus if you also have
- The ability to design and execute service/API level tests
- Advocates the test automation triangle
- Experience coaching/mentoring others
- Advocates a ‘test as early as possible’ culture i.e. Shift-Left Testing
- Ability to design automated test frameworks
What’s it like to work at Beamly?
Working at Beamly means continuing the progress of an indispensable platform, built on world-class technology by a world-class team. You’ll join the Engineering & Product team in our vibrant, central, Covent Garden office. We practise test-driven development, continuous integration, weekly ‘Tech Share’ lunches, Friday ‘Show & Tell’ with drinks, regular hack days, and set time aside for continuous improvement. We are keen to see our engineers flourish and will dedicate time to helping you improve the breadth and depth of your professional skill set.
As a Beamly employee, you’ll also benefit from:
- A high spec MacBook Pro with your choice of peripherals
- Complimentary fruit, snacks, bagels and drinks
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance (4 x base salary)
- 25 days’ holiday per annum
- Additional holiday on your birthday
- Childcare vouchers
Only applicants who have the right to work in the UK will be considered. Candidate sponsorship is unfortunately unavailable.