About the role
As a junior software engineer, you’ll work in our Web Agency team alongside other software engineers, UX & UI designers, QA and project managers. Together you’ll develop web presences for big-name beauty and fragrance brands.
What you’ll do
- Work in a multi-functional agile delivery team to deliver new features on our clients websites.
- Work closely with UX and UI designers to build slick, beautiful responsive sites.
- Add the visual flair and attention to detail that’ll make each new site pop with individuality.
- Use a modular approach to balance speed of delivery across multiple sites using the same technologies.
- Participate actively in team discussions on product features, technical design sessions, planning and retrospectives.
- Take ownership of small features from definition through to deployment, working with others to determine your priorities.
What you’ll bring to the role
- First and foremost: enthusiasm, pragmatism, and humility. You’re good with people, communicating clearly and respectfully in a way that’s appropriate to your audience. You ask the right questions and avoid making assumptions.
- You have a grounding in the general principles of software engineering.
- You are comfortable with GitHub, code review, pull requests and agile methodologies.
- You use the latest CSS and JS techniques for responsive layout and animation, and are a keen user of Sass.
- You might have some experience working on front-end code in the context of presentation layers built with Node, Express, and a templating engine.
What’s it like to work at Beamly?
Working at Beamly means continuing the progress of an indispensable platform, built by a world-class team. We practise continuous delivery, TDD, weekly ‘Tech Share’ lunches, and get the whole company together for Friday ‘Show and Tell’ with drinks. We also set time aside for continuous improvement, and take the professional development of our team members seriously.
We enjoy a vibrant working environment in Covent Garden – very well-connected and surrounded by loads of shops, bars and restaurants. Team members have also organised a lunchtime pool league, weekly football game, visiting manicure service, and deals on local gym classes.
As a Beamly employee, you’ll also benefit from…
- a high spec MacBook Pro with a choice of peripherals
- private medical insurance (taxable)
- life assurance (4 x base salary)
- 25 days’ holiday per annum
- Extra day’s holiday on your birthday
- childcare vouchers
- flexible office hours
What is the hiring process?
We believe that diverse teams build better products, and strive to offer equal opportunity to all applicants. If your application is successful you will move through three short phases:
- We’ll check your CV meets the requirements for the role, which are detailed above.
- We’ll arrange a 45 minute phone interview with you to talk about you and the role and gauge the relevance of your experience and your approach to working within an agile team.
- We’ll invite you to our office to complete a one-hour work sample task – we’ll provide a laptop loaded with a project and some instructions, which will reflect the sort of work you’d be doing in the role. We’ll then chat for 30 minutes about your solution and answer any other questions you may have.
Any questions? If you have any queries whatsoever, there’s a box on the application form where you can let us know. We’ll address them by e-mail or during the phone interview.
Unfortunately, only applicants who have the right to work in the UK will be considered. Visa sponsorship is not available at this time.
Recruiters: Unsolicited applications submitted by recruitment agents will not be considered.