WHO WE ARE
Beamly is a digital marketing and technology agency based in London, UK and New York, United States. We are owned by Coty, but maintain an independent working environment and culture.
As a Junior Systems Engineer at Beamly you will work as part of the Platform team, responsible for both continually improving and maintaining our highly automated AWS based infrastructure and shared services, as well as supporting the wider engineering team through a combination of rigorous automation and tooling.
You will come from a software or systems engineering background and have a real passion for preempting issues, automating away pain, and finding root causes. You’ll find and fix things before they even become problems.
OUR TECH STACK INCLUDES:
- Microservices written in either Scala/Play or Node.js running in Ubuntu on AWS
- Continuous delivery with ThoughtWorks GoCD
- HashiCorp stack: Vault, Consul, Packer, Vagrant
- Automation tooling written in Python
- Orchestration and provisioning with Ansible
- Elasticsearch / Kibana
- Apache Kafka and Spark
- Lots of AWS services
Our solutions are constantly evolving and we’re always open to exploring new technologies and tools when they solve a problem.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Productionising services on AWS to ensure they are self-healing, appropriately monitored, and well documented
- Work with the wider engineering team to find opportunities for improvement and delivering solutions
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO THE ROLE
- Demonstrable coding experience in at least one systems/scripting language (preferably Python)
- A good knowledge of UNIX and networking
- Be a fast learner and capable of working with minimal supervision
- Have a degree in Computer Science or a related field, or 2 years of practical experience with any of the above
It’s a plus if:
- You have an end-to-end understanding of modern web architectures from CDN to persistence layers
- You know how to effectively monitor and measure availability and reliability of web applications
- You are comfortable working in cloud environments, especially Amazon Web Services
- You have experience of using configuration management tools, especially Ansible
WHAT’S IT LIKE TO WORK AT BEAMLY?
Working at Beamly means continuing the progress of an indispensable platform, built using state of the art technology by a diverse and talented team. You’ll join the Platform team in our dynamic central Covent Garden office. We practise TDD, continuous integration, weekly ‘Tech Share’ lunches, Friday ‘Show & Tell’, regular hack days, and set time aside for continuous improvement and learning. We are keen to see our engineers flourish and will dedicate time to helping you improve the breadth and depth of your professional skill set.
AS A BEAMLY EMPLOYEE, YOU’LL ALSO BENEFIT FROM:
- A high spec MacBook Pro with your choice of peripherals
- Complimentary fruit, snacks, bagels and drinks
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance (4 x base salary)
- 25 days’ holiday per annum
- Additional holiday on your birthday
- Childcare vouchers
HOW OUR APPLICATION PROCESS WORKS
When applying, you’ll move through three short phases:
- We’ll check your CV against the requirements for the role.
- We’ll schedule a 30-minute phone interview to discuss the role. You’ll tell us about your experience and answer some straightforward questions
- You’ll visit us to complete a one-hour interview with the team where we’ll ask you some technical questions, as well as answer any questions you may have
We are eager to build diverse teams and we strive to offer equal opportunity to all applicants. You are welcome to let us know if you have any questions or requests regarding the selection process or the role. There’s a box on the application form for this.
Recruiters: Unsolicited applications submitted by recruitment agents will not be considered.