Who we are
Beamly is a digital marketing and technology agency based in London, UK and New York, United States. We are owned by Coty, but maintain an independent working environment and culture.
About the role
As a junior to mid-level front-end web developer, you’ll work in our Web Agency team alongside software engineers, UX & UI designers, test engineers, product & project managers. Together you’ll develop snappy, sophisticated web presence for big-name beauty and fragrance brands.
What you’ll do
- Work in a cross-functional agile team to deliver sites for two well-known brands.
- Work closely with UX and UI designers to build slick, beautiful responsive sites.
- Add the visual flair and attention to detail that’ll make each new site pop with individuality.
- Continue the development of our front-end component library in collaboration with our core team, with modules like rich text articles, video, product catalogues and store finders.
- Use a modular approach to balance speed of delivery across multiple sites using the same technologies.
What you’ll bring to the role
- Two years’ experience building responsive websites in a full-stack capacity. Agency experience would be valuable, but is not a strict requirement.
- A mature approach to front-end web development using Sass with mixins and appropriate CSS methodologies.
- An appreciation for the benefits of agile methodologies like Scrum.
Other technologies you’ll encounter in this role
Experience in these areas is not required, but may help your application.
- Drupal 7/8 and PHP – we use it as a CMS but not to render our sites.
- Node.js and Express – we use this to build the custom middleware which serves up our web pages.
- Apache Kafka and Apache Spark – used to process events from the CMS and persist changes.
- ElasticSearch – a searchable document store.
- Amazon Web Services – our hosting is built on the best bits of AWS.
- ThoughtWorks Go – used for continuous delivery.
- Ansible – used to provision Vagrant development environments and production servers.
What’s it like to work at Beamly?
Working at Beamly means continuing the progress of an indispensable platform, built on world-class technology by a world-class team. You’ll join the Engineering & Product team in our vibrant, central, Covent Garden office. We practise pair programming, continuous delivery, weekly ‘Tech Share’ lunches, Friday ‘Show & Tell’ with drinks, and regular hack days. We also set time aside for continuous improvement.
About the selection process
Successful candidates will move through three short phases:
- We’ll check your CV meets the requirements for the role, which are detailed above.
- We’ll arrange a 45 minute phone interview with you to talk about the role and gauge the relevance of your experience and your approach to working within an agile team.
- We’ll invite you to our office to complete a one-hour work sample task – we’ll provide a laptop loaded with a project and some instructions, which will reflect the sort of work you’d be doing in the role. We’ll then spend 30 minutes chatting to you about your solution and answering any other questions you may have.
We value diversity in our organisation and take equality of opportunity seriously. If you have any questions or concerns about the selection process or the role, we will be more than happy to address them.
Only applicants who have the right to work in the UK will be considered. Candidate sponsorship is unfortunately unavailable.