We are seeking an experienced and confident Data Engineer to help accelerate efforts to ingest and process marketing related data into our data infrastructure. You will build ingest and ETL processes for data from Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, DSPs and other sources, bringing data to rest in Amazon S3 then transforming and cleaning ready for downstream use in other systems.
- Work with your Product Manager, stakeholders and data holders to understand and ingest data sources
- Develop and implement robust data ingest and ETL pipelines using appropriate technologies
- Help the team understand and implement best practices
- Practical experience in designing and implementing batch data ingest and ETL pipelines
- Experience using Spark, Airflow and other associated technologies
- Programming knowledge ideally in Python or Scala and SQL
- A high degree of pragmatism
- Understanding of agile and lean development tenets
- Ability to communicate as effectively with business stakeholders as with as deep technical teams
- Ability to perform problem determination in complex technical environments.
It’s a plus if you also have
- Experience working in an agile product team that practices continuous delivery
- Experience with the Qubole data platform
- Knowledge of some of the technologies in use at Beamly, including: Amazon Web Services, Git, github, Ansible, Kafka
- Experience working with data within a consumer goods marketing/retail environment especially from social and advertising platforms.
Beamly is a next-gen digital marketing agency. We are fearless innovators of the art and science of digital marketing, combining engaging content creation, intelligent technology and state-of-the-art marketing science to deliver the future of digital marketing.
We are a passionate bunch of creatives, strategists, technologists, data scientists and brand specialists based in our well-located offices in Covent Garden, London and Empire State Building, New York. Acquired by Coty Inc. in 2015 we continue to extend our digital marketing services and teams to serve our growing global brand client list.
What’s it like to work at Beamly?
Working at Beamly means continuing the progress of an indispensable platform, built on world-class technology by a world-class team. You’ll join the Engineering & Product team in our vibrant, central, Covent Garden office. We practise test-driven development, continuous integration, weekly ‘Tech Share’ lunches, Friday ‘Show & Tell’ with drinks, regular hack days, and set time aside for continuous improvement.
Applicants must hold the right to work in the UK.