The PCS team within BBC Engineering are looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to help build the next generation of their products.
The role holder will be involved in developing and deploying high performance, robust and resilient media publishing workflow systems.
PCS operates a continuous delivery DevOps model with emphasis on deployment automation, TDD, BDD, monitoring and on-going ownership of components in production.
As a Senior Dev Ops Engineer, you will be responsible for contributing to and owning the complete setup of micro-services that make up the PCS product suite. This will contribute to the implementation and delivery of software and hardware components. You will play a role in the DevOps team that own the operational stability of the components built by PCS and be in a position to affect change to improve the on-going robustness, resiliency and stability of those components.
The Ideal Candidate
The required knowledge, skills & competencies for the Senior Development Operation Engineer will include:
- Owning the automation and deployment of all components to cloud and on-premise solutions
- Design and develop tools to support deployment activities within the team
- Support operations team with deployments
- Support a continuous delivery methodology
- Integrating with monitoring systems
- Managing and automating large scale cloud deployments
- Centralised logging
- Shell scripting (Bash)
- RPM based linux distros – Centos / RHEL / Amazon linux ●
- Yum repos
- Maven Artifactory
- Securing Unix systems and Java Applications
- AWS Cloud Formation
- Centralised cloud based logging – Loggly and/or Splunk
- Other UNIX systems – Solaris