Be part of something special. Attest is seeking a Full Stack Engineer to lead major technical developments. We’re a startup with massive growth opportunities and very exciting technical challenges. Attest is backed by Episode 1 Ventures – investors behind LoveFilm, Zoopla, Betfair, Shazam & many other great startups.
We’re a very high-volume market research and consumer insights platform, aiming to permanently change an industry. Complex technology, but with surprisingly simple and powerful interfaces. We help organisations (companies, charities, etc.) and customers (real people) engage with each other, to create better products & services, explore ideas, reduce waste, and improve customer satisfaction.
We have two initial products: Attest where companies create market research quickly & easily, including all sorts of new features & real-time analytical tools. Enlightly where real customers respond, bringing joy and efficiency to the world of feedback, making market research transparent, secure, enjoyable and productive for everyone involved. Combining the two, we constantly deliver insights with greater accuracy, scale & transparency than ever before. See more at https://askattest.com and https://enlight.ly.
We started Attest in April 2015, working with >30 companies to develop the products, with a lot of strong support and endorsements. This includes several FTSE 100 businesses, plus some really interesting SMEs. Users love our products. We’ve just been running MVP launches; we asked for 3 words about our initial versions, and here’s what users said: “Enjoyable easy trustworthy”, “Amazing wonderful perfect”, “Sensational, unique, fresh”, “Excitement, happiness, surprise”. Not words typically associated with research, which is how we achieve high engagement & quality results.
As Full Stack Engineer, you’ll be solving exciting & complex challenges in both our front and back-end platforms. Appealing to someone looking for something unique, with leadership and control, building technology you’ll look back on with pride.
We have a very flat, non-hierarchical & friendly team approach. You’ll be working with an experienced team, including three engineers who love what we do & have excellent complementary skills. Technical decisions are made with careful & quick consideration at Attest, so you can utilise the latest, most innovative technology; allowing you to always learn and progress. We have a fully working product built on scalable and highly-automated infrastructure; the platform is yours to build, the way you know is right, with freedom on the decisions / issues that support the direction you choose.
We’re looking for an excellent full stack developer with high-quality developer skill set. You’ll take-on front and back-end challenges, building out our platform, and developing a multitude of front end web and mobile applications that utilise it.
We’re offering a very attractive salary & options package, and you’ll be very influential with a major role. As Attest grows, we’ll invest in a team, growing around you, with the people & style up to you. A wonderful opportunity to become a major part of a high-growth startup.
- Strong team player, with a collaborative, self-motivated, entrepreneurial and thoughtful style.
- Thrives with opportunities. Enjoy solving complex data & architecture problems in efficient ways.
- Results-driven, with proactive use/exploration of new technologies and methodologies.
- Love working with a agile methodology and using Test Driven Development.
- Deep experience building scalable backend platforms and multi-device front-ends.
- 2+ years experience developing web stacks in one of: Java / Scala / Python.
- 2+ years experience with databases: PostgreSQL / mySQL / Sybase.
- Expert developing, testing & debugging high-uptime distributed systems in *nix environments.
- Expert with concurrency, multithreading, server architectures and distributed systems.
- Exposure to NoSQL, Big Data technologies and microservices.
- Very competitive salary (£45,000 – £55,000), with potential to increase significantly with future funding rounds.
- Significant equity options, with favourable vesting terms for the right person.
- Equipment budget to spend on anything you need. Cool, light & open office, free coffee/tea/beer.
- Flat structure, very open & transparent approach. Sense of endeavour, unlimited room to grow.
Have questions? Simply submit an application with any questions you may have!