The opportunity to work for one of the coolest hyper-growth companies in technology – Anaplan.
Originally founded in York, UK and now headquartered in San Francisco, Anaplan has offices all over the world. We are a slice of Silicon Valley in the heart of both London and Yorkshire, on a mission to revolutionise how companies analyse and plan their businesses.
As a member of the organisation you will be dedicated to improving release engineering & deployment automation. You will work with cutting-edge technologies and products and have significant impact on our release deployment automation, production process automation & monitoring. No silo’s, no heavy red tape, and no politics – just the work and challenges you love!
Duties and Responsibilities
- Understand and take responsibilities for all operational workflows and standard operating procedures, down to a granular, detailed level.
- Help maintain an F5/Consul/Nginx / MySQL operations stack.
- Measurement, optimization, and tuning of system performance and ensuring that systems will run reliably and are highly available in a 24/7 production environment.
- Supporting deploys with necessary configuration work and monitoring.
- Operate in a cloud environment with the proper mindset and approach to automation and redundancy in systems
- Be mindful of security requirements when designing solutions.
- Participate in 24/7 on-call rotation policy by responding to system and emergency problems.
- Maintain high standards for consumer and customer service touch-points affected by operations.
- The ideal candidate has 3-5 years experience with managing SaaS applications infrastructures.
- Mastery of Linux including configuration, networking, hardening, shells, package management and basic scripting.
- Experience with virtualisation technologies like VMware
- Experience specifically with Centos Linux a plus.
- Experience with nginx.
- Strong experience with at least one scripting language (Python, Bash, Ruby).
- Experience with a configuration management tool (Puppet, Chef, Ansible).
Nice to have Qualifications
- Experience with tools such as Terraform, Rundeck
- Experience with CI / CD tools (Jenkins, Chef, Consul)
- Experience with Docker containers not required but is a plus.
For further information please apply now!