About the Role
As a member of the Business Core team, you’ll build usable software that supercharges our employees in their everyday work. Given AlphaSights’ fast growth, plus our focus on continuous improvement, your particular area of focus may evolve over time: You might be improving search capabilities to ensure our Associates connect our clients with the most ideal industry practitioners, building tools for mitigating legal and reputational risks for both ourselves and our clients, or engineering a telephone conference system capable of hosting client calls worldwide. You’ll be an integral part of the team that identifies innovative and creative ways that technology can further drive our company’s rapid growth.
As a Software Engineer at AlphaSights you will:
- Build software to meet the needs of our growing business.
- Work in a project team with two week iterations and be part of iteration planning and retros.
- Collaborate with and understand all other functions of AlphaSights to make thoughtful and creative software decisions.
- Influence processes/workflows, product direction, and technology decisions.
- Pair with teammates, review PRs, help others with technical questions & share your own learnings, and be a part of growing the team.
- Learn to master a specific part of the stack, e.g., UI/UX, microservices, DevOps, etc. with the opportunity to take on product and/or technical leadership over time.
What We’re Looking For
At AlphaSights, we value diversity and individuality. Drawing on a range of experiences and perspectives better equips us to solve challenging problems. We believe you’ll be successful in this role if you:
- Are able to understand difficult technical problems and develop end to end solutions.
- Are interested in solving real world business problems.
- Enjoy collaborating in project teams and making teammates better by teaching and mentoring.
- Have excellent communications skills and are fluent in English.
- Take responsibility for leaving things in better shape than you found them.
- Are always positive and a little quirky.
If you don’t meet these exact requirements, but feel like you have qualities and experiences commensurate with with the above, feel free to apply below.
Software Engineering at AlphaSights