7digital is transforming the listening experience for music fans, like you. Our robust, scalable digital music platform and flexible APIs are used to power comprehensive music and radio services for leading consumer brands, mobile carriers, broadcasters, automotive systems, retailers, record labels, artists and agencies. Alongside great technology, we offer global music rights, award-winning radio production services, and content management expertise, making us a leading global partner in this industry.
Working at 7digital, you’ll have the opportunity to work with well-known brands and companies. Over the years, we have delivered services for multinationals such as Samsung and T-Mobile through to start-ups. Right now we are engaged in a number of interesting projects for global partners such as will.i.am, Technics and musical.ly. 7digital are also the largest independent producer of radio programming for the BBC (including the Radcliffe & Maconie Show and Sounds of the Sixties).
We’re working at significant scale – our API Platform is handling billions of requests per month and growing quickly. You’ll be joining an enthusiastic team who enjoy what they do. Things like Pair Programming, TDD/BDD, Refactoring, Retrospectives and Continuous Delivery are deeply embedded and we’re constantly striving to improve the way we work. We know typing is not the bottleneck, so there are plenty of other things going on:
- You can take part in regular weekly sessions sharing ideas, doing Katas/Dojos and discussing practices and technologies.
- You will get up to two days “innovation time” a month to investigate new technologies or product ideas.
- As a member of the team, you will be able to play an active role in shaping the architecture and tech stack underpinning our platform. The tech team defines the solutions to the problems we are asked to solve.
- You can attend conferences and community events, both as a participant or contributor – we’ve presented/ran sessions at XP2016, QCon, SPA, Strata + Hadoop World, Agile Cambridge, Agile Manchester, APIdays, XPDay, Agile on the Beach and many others.
- You can help us host our own popular community event – Devs in the ‘ditch.
You care about software and believe software development involves a lot more than just writing code. You have a passion to learn and grow; you see it as your remit to really understand our domain so we can all deliver as much value to the business as possible. When you do write code you believe it has to be done really well. To you, quality (both internal and external) really matters. These are things we really care about.
You understand the below at a conceptual level, and are keen to learn and master them:
- TDD (Test Driven Development)
- Continuous integration and continuous delivery
You have at least 1-2 years of commercial experience as a software developer – C# would be a plus, but is not a requirement.
Technology you’ll get to use
Our production systems predominantly use C# on Windows. We also make use of Linux and have some applications in Python and Ruby. We use a mixture of AWS and Google Cloud Platform, based around a distributed data architecture with Apache Kafka at the heart. We’d be interested in you if you’re from any background as long as you are a keen learner of good programming practices. Here’s a sample list of technologies you may get experience of here:
- Windows, Linux, Docker
- REST, Queues, Relational Databases, Document Databases
- Infrastructure as code – Chef, AWS CloudFormation
- C#, Python, Ruby
- SQL Server, Redis, RabbitMQ, Kafka
- Share Options.
- Pension (up to 3% matched contribution).
- Season Ticket Loan, Childcare vouchers, Cycle to work scheme
- Volunteer days: up to 3 paid days per year to do volunteering work for a registered charity.
- Friday beers, free coffee and a variety of teas, free fruit, lots of social activities (think cheese club, gaming nights, bake-offs…).