7digital is transforming the listening experience for music fans. Our robust, scalable digital music platform and flexible APIs are used to power comprehensive music and radio services for leading consumer brands, mobile carriers, broadcasters, automotive systems, retailers, record labels, artists and agencies. Alongside great technology, we offer global music rights, award-winning radio production services, and content management expertise, making us a leading global partner in this industry.
We’re looking for a great full-stack web developer to join a small autonomous team who enjoy what they do. We deeply value things like pair programming, TDD, refactoring, automation and continuous delivery and are striving to continuously improve, including:
- Regular sessions sharing ideas, running Katas/Dojos and discussing practices and technologies.
- Two days personal “innovation time” each month to investigate new technologies or product ideas.
- Attending conferences and community events, both as a participant or contributor, such as FullStack, SoCraTes, Edge, Full Frontal, SPA, Agile Cambridge, XPDay and Agile on the Beach.
- Helping host our own popular community event, Devs in the ‘ditch.
- Frequent retrospectives on how we can improve the way we work.
You will be working on consumer-facing web products, including:
- Productivity, curation and analytical tools for both internal and external users.
- The 7digital.com webstore.
- The 7digital UI library and various APIs.
This includes releasing changes frequently and managing the entire stack, using technologies such as: AngularJS, SASS, LESS, Node.js, C#, PostgreSQL, Redis, AWS, Google Cloud, Docker and REST APIs.
You’ll be working closely with the product and UX team and be involved in regular catch-ups with users to demo the latest features and gain their feedback.
You’re passionate about building high-quality software and appreciate that it’s more than just writing code. You are a strong advocate of TDD and know when it’s appropriate to use different types of tests. You’re motivated by solving users’ problems and delivering value to the business.
- Share options
- Pension (up to 3% matched contribution)
- Season ticket loan, childcare vouchers, cycle to work scheme
- Up to 3 paid days per year to do volunteering work for a registered charity
- Friday beers, free fruit, lots of social activities (like cheese club)
- Live music events in the office and a dedicated music listening room